Friday, August 22, 2008

August 21, 2008

Well, I was able to listen in for a whole show for a change and a good one it was! I think with a bit of help I was able to come close to getting them all. Thanks to the Rock's website (if it's right) I didn't miss David's closing instrumental track just before midnight which the website said was 'Splub - Space Debris' - I never could have guessed that one in a million years!! Anyways, here's the list - a couple artists I'm not 100% sure on so they have question marks...

Alphaville - Forever Young
Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
Associates - Club Country
Band - Chest Fever
Bill Nelson - Helpless
Bob Geldof - In The Pouring Rain
Circle Jurks - A Thrill's A Thrill
Cliks - Complicated
Comsat Angels - You Move Me (One Good Reason)
Depeche Mode - Blasphemous Rumours
Dream Academy - Life In A Northern Town
Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
Feargal Sharkey - A Good Heart
Gary Numan - We Are Glass
Genesis - The Carpet Crawlers 1999
Godley & Crème - Snack Attack
Hawaiian Pups - Young Boys
Hunter Valentine - Staten Island Dream Tour
James Collins - Since Tina Moved In
Jeff Healey - I Think I Love You Too Much
Jefferson Starship - Miracles
Jeremy Fisher - High School
Joe Cocker - Bye Bye Blackbird
Kane Gang - Gun Law
Kinks - Misfits
Little Feat - Spanish Moon
Living Colour - Glamour Boys
Lloyd Cole - Traffic
Lou Reed - Satellite Of Love (Remix)
M + M - Black Stations/White Stations
Madness - Our House
Magazine - The Light Pours Out Of Me
Martha & The Muffins - Rainbow Sign
Matt Bianco - Yeh Yeh
Mental As Anything - Live It Up
Midge Ure - If I Was
Mighty Wah! - The Story Of The Blues
Mike Oldfield - Moonlight Shadow
Moist - Picture Elvis
Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
Perth County Conspiracy - Midnight Hour
Procol Harum - Grand Hotel
Pukka Orchestra - Might As Well Be On Mars
Re-Flex - The Politics Of Dancing
Rupert Hine - The Setup
Rymes With Orange - Home House Flower
Savoy Brown - Jack The Toad
Silencers - Painted Moon
Slave to the SQUAREwave - Summertown
Splub- Space Debris
Stan Ridgway - Don't Box Me In
Start - Hey You
Steve Hillage (?) - Hurdy Gurdy Man
Stranglers - Always The Sun
Thunderclap Newman - Something In The Air
Tim Curry - Birds Of A Feather

Note: tracks above are presented in alphabetical order rather than the order they were played. Anything that couldn't be partially ID'd isn't included.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate the work you do on this. I listen to Marsden's show religiously and often hear great tunes that I have not heard before or for quite a while. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ralph!

Circle Jurk did the Thrills a Thrill cover.

Glen

Jason said...

I think Sistahmar told me how David doen't like how that Madness song is in a commercial.. well neither do I! But it's a great tune. Sadly I missed all but 15 mins of Friday's show.

Oh, and thanks so much for the Spirit of the West link... very thoughtful...

And thanks for keeping this blog running... it's a great resource

Marsden Planet said...

Thanks to all for the comments, glad to get the feedback!

Glen - I updated the list for your comment - how were you able to ID that one? I actually got a message from David himself ID'ing that one early this morning as well from an e-mail I sent him during the show about it.

Jason - Glad you found the Spirit of the West link, glad to share :-)

Anonymous said...

Ralph,

David mentioned the artist in the Marsbartheater chatroom. David and Don Berns then followed that with a challenge to the chatters to identify the lead singer. No one knew but those two and it was later revealed that Billy Newton Davis was the answer.

Marsden Planet said...

Someday I have to figure out how to get into the chat - I can never geti it to work when I try!